Today's lesson is about money! Let's look at the lesson plan.
- Learn and remember the names of foreign currencies.
- Listen to big numbers. Listen and choose the correct price.
- Say big numbers with good pronunciation.
- Remember useful words, phrases and vocabulary that you can use at a foreign exchange office.
- Learn how to keep your money safe while travelling.
- Complete a practice test.
Part 1: Foreign Currencies
- Make a list of currencies you know.
- Click the picture above. Look at the notes. What currencies are in the picture?
- Click this link: Travel Lesson 3.
- Look at the right side of Mr. Stout's Blog. Use the currency conversation exchange widget. Fill in the table below:
|Foreign Currency||Yen (￥)|
|Four hundred U.S. dollars||￥42,718|
|One thousand Indian Rupees|
|Forty thousand Hong Kong dollars|
|Sixty Canadian dollars|
|Seven hundred Australian dollars|
|Fifty British Pounds|
|Eight hundred Euros|
Part 2: Understanding large numbers and prices
- Listen to the conversations and do the task on p.10 of your textbook.
- Practice saying long numbers.
Part 3: Vocabulary
- Click this link: Travel English E-J. Look at the flashcards and play the vocabulary games
- Click this link: 旅に出よう！（出国＆街を歩く）. Click iKnow. Do the lesson.
Part 4: Keeping your money safe.
- Read the background notes on p. 60 of your textbook. Answer the questions below:
- Where can you change money and travellers' cheques?
- Give two reasons why using travellers' cheques is a good idea.
- What the 5 rules at the end of the background notes?
- Click this link: Passport Online Tests. Choose Units 2 and 3. Do the test. Print your score and give it to Mr. Stout.
That's all. Have a nice Golden Week. Do you have any travel plans? Please post a comment and tell me.