Today's class is cancelled. Yeah! Ah, but you have to do some homework instead. Boo!! Sorry.
The topic of your make-up homework is music. You will hear three interviews. Listen to the interviewers and do the tasks on the worksheet.
Click here to download the worksheet: http://www.divshare.com/download/6364044-52f
Click this link: http://www.elllo.org/august/alex/aradio.htm
Click this link: http://www.elllo.org/Pages0301/303-Adrienne-Violin.htm
Click this link: http://www.elllo.org/english/0801/Q817-Eoin-After.html
These interviews come from a great website called ELLLO. ELLLO means English language Listening On-line. The interviewer is my friend Todd Beuckens. You can hear more of Todd's interviews by clicking here.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Well the winter break is over. I hope you enjoyed it. It's time to get back to work. Your final exam is on Monday 19 January. Here's your final exam study guide:
The exam will cover units 10, 11, and 13. Please study the following pages in your textbook: pp. 77-79, 84-87, 100-103. In order to pass the exam (試験に合格するために) you must show that you understand and remember the content, vocabulary and grammar that you studied in units 10, 11, and 13. You must also show that you can use the reading skills you practiced in class. There will be 6 types of questions:
Questions about the contents of Units 10, 11, and 13
- Vocabulary: A. Match the vocabulary from the textbook with the Japanese translation. B. Match the words that make collocations.
- Grammar: These are multiple choice type questions. You will have to choose from 4 choices. Will will choose the best word or words to fill in the blank in a sentence. (p. 77 #3, p. 84 #1, p. 101 #2).
- Content: These are multiple choice type questions. You will be asked questions about the readings ("Into the Wild", pp. 78,79; "Seeds of Change", pp.86, 87; and "A Funny Way to Make a Living", pp. 102,103). You will have to choose from 4 choices.
- Personal response. This is a short paragraph type of answer. These questions will be about "Into the Wild" and Seeds of Change". Please study your answers to the "What do you think?" questions on pages 78 and 86. You will have to write 2 or 3 sentences in order to answer the question. Your answer should be at least 50 words.
- Reading for the main idea. This is a multiple choice type of question. You will have to choose from 4 choices.
- Reading for details. This is a multiple choice type of question. You will have to choose from 4 choices.
Unit 10 Word search
Unit 11 Verbs + Nouns
Unit 3 Word Search
Sarah's Freshman English Reading Blog: Unit 10, Unit 11 and Unit 13