Flickr image originally uploaded by Stuck in customs. Uploaded on August 17, 2007
To be able to:
- Write a short report about a Book
- Make a list of words related to the topic - The United States
- Make a list on smart.fm
- Compare the stories of three immigrants to the U.S.
- Relate the readings to your own life
Part 1: Sustained silent Reading (SSR)
- Read your graded reader for 5 minutes
- Use the form Extensive Reading Book Report form. The form is in the lecture folder. Fill in the form with information about a graded reader that you have read.
Part 3: Vocabulary
- Click this link: FE2 Pre-Intermediate Reading Unit 1. Click iKnow. Review the vocabulary from unit 1. Do the lesson.
- Scan pp.14 and 15 of your textbook. Find 5 words that you don't know well. Underline the words in the text. Watch and listen to Mr. Stout. Make a vocabulary study list on smart.fm.
- Look at the flash cards below.
More flashcards, word search, and hangman provided by StudyStack.com
Part 4: Reading - Living in the U.S.A
Before you read - Thinking about the topic
- Watch the video "Living in America ". Make a list of things you see and hear.
- Do activities 2 - 5 on p.14
- Write 3-5 sentences about living in Japan. Use the form below to help you.
Living in Japan
There are several things I like about living in Japan. First_______________________. Also___________________. Finally__________________.
- Write 3 questions that you would like to ask a foreign person living in Japan.