Hello everyone, Today we are going to talk about the history of baseball. First let's study some vocabulary. Please click the link: IE Phys Ed B3 Vocabulary.
Now please download today's lesson materials: Week 5.
Now let's talk about baseball in Japan. Can you answer these questions:
- Who introduced baseball to Japan?
- When was baseball introduced to Japan?
- What was the name of the first Japanese baseball team?
- What was Ichiko, and why is it important in the history of Japanese baseball?
- Which two universities began a fierce rivalry (the Sokeisen) in 1903?
- Who became a national hero in Japan by striking out Babe Ruth, and Lou Gehrig, among others?
If you don't know the answers you can find them here: Baseball in Japan.
Have a nice week. See you!