- Describe people
- Talk about your family
- Learn about American families
- Learn about communicating with your host family
Part 1: Unit 1 Review
- Do the short quiz
- Click the link: TYG Homestay Vocabulary List.
- Click “iKnow”. Do the lesson.
- Click “Brain Speed”. Play the game.
Part 3: Choosing a host family
- Look at the picture. This is the Anderson family. The Anderson family is an American Family.
- Open your textbook, Homestay Adventures to p.6. Which host family would you choose?
- List 5 things you like about YOUR family.
- List 5 things you dislike about YOUR family
Part 4: Listening Textbook - p.7
- Listen to the conversation. Look at the pictures. Which picture is Ayako’s
Part 5: Describing your family – Textbook p.8
- Practice the conversation on p.8
- What is the “Homestay Tip” at the bottom of p. 8?
- Watch the DVD. Answer the questions on p.9
Part 7: Communicating with your host family
- Watch the video and answer the questions on your worksheet.
- Search the internet for pictures of your hometown. Save the pictures on to a USB flash drive. Bring your flash drive to next class.