To be able to:
- Score 100% on a quiz about Unit 2
- Write a comment on the Freshman English Reading Blog
- Write summary and a recommendation about a graded reader
- Show understanding of a story written in the past tense (過去形)
- Make inferences, read between the lines.
Part 1: Unit 2 Quiz (5 minutes)
If you finish the quiz early, please read your graded reader.
Part 2: Freshman English Reading Blog
- Click the link above
- Read Sarah’s reading review
- Scroll down. Read a reading review by a student
- Write a reading review in the Comment box at the bottom of the page
Part 3: Vocabulary
- Click this link: http://quizlet.com/321740/ah2-unit-3-flash-cards/
- Study the flashcards
Part 4: Reading – The Man with the Golden Gun pp. 22-23
Before you read:
- Click the link: http://fereading.edublogs.org/unit-three/
- Watch the video.
- Talk about the video. Ask your partner these questions:
- Have you seen The Man with the Golden Gun?
- Do you like James Bond?
- Have you seen any other Bond movies? If yes, which Bond movies?
- Turn to p.22. Look at the pictures. Listen to the beginning of the story. Answer the questions.
While you read
- Scan the story. Underline all the words you don’t know. Look up the words in your dictionary.
- Read the story again. Answer the questions.
After you read
- Look at the pictures again. Tell the story to your partner in yourown words.
- Click 基礎英語2 Pre-Intermediate Vocabulary List
- Log in to smart.fm
- Do the iKnow lesson, Dictation and BrainSpeed
Thanks for a great class!!