Monday, August 06, 2007

My Hometown : Sayama
by Yuta Mashiko, Takushoku University


You should visit my hometown of Sayama. It is a great place to go for a vacation. First, I am going to tell you where it is, and second, I am going to tell you what it is famous for. My hometown is in Saitama prefecture. It is near Tokorozawa. You can get there from Tokorozawa in 10 min. Now you know where my hometown is. Next I will tell you what it is famous for.

First, Sayama is famous for green tea. It has a nice smell. There are many tea fields in Sayama, and much greenery remains there.

Now I will tell you about the star festival. The star festival in Sayama is very famous. Irumagawa star festival is Kanto’s biggest festival. The sight of a lot of shops in a long straight line is very beautiful. The first highlight is “Hanabi”. Hanabi means fireworks. About 2,000 are launched in sequence.

The next thing I’ll tell you about is sports. My hometown baseball team is “Seibu Lions”. Lions is a very strong and famous team. In the past, Daiske Matuzaka, who played an active part in the Lions organisation, is now in the Major Leagues, I went to a match sometimes.


Today I told you three things about my hometown. First, I told you about green tea. Second, I told you about The Irumagawa star festival. Finally, I told you about sports. Please remember the Irumagawa star festival because it is unforgettable. I hope you visit Sayama soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment