Today we are going to finish working on our first project and start working on our second project.
First, let's do some speaking practice using English Central.
Now let's finish sharing our first Voicethread presentations with our Tsukubadai Presentation II Autumn 2013 Group, After that, please watch 3 of your classmates' presentations and post 3 comments on each. That's a total of 9 comments.
Next, let's share our presentations with a new group called Gifu and Tsukuba. My friend Clair Taylor has agreed to show your Voicethread presentations to her students at Gifu Shōtoku Gakuen University, and they will post some comments and questions for you too. So please check your Voicethread presentations from time to time to see if you have any new comments.
OK, here are the instructions for our next project:
Your second project is a group project. You should work in groups of four. You will present a text related to your major. I have prepared some texts for you. Here are the steps in the project:
1. Read the texts
2. Choose a text related to your major from the choices provided
3. Listen to the recording and mark the stressed words, the pauses and the full stops. Look at the example below.
4. Show your paper to the members of your group. Your papers should be the same.
5. Make slides for the text – 2 slides for each group member
6. Upload your Powerpoint to Voicethread.
7. Share your presentation with your group members:
- Go to your My Voice Page
- Click on the gear menu icon in the corner of your Voicethread presentation thumb nail
- Click Share
- Selection our Tsukuba Dai Group
- Scroll down to find the members of your group
- Click the pencil icon to make it turn gold.
8. Record your presentations
Please finish your presentations by next class.