So many "Happy Mondays"! Your midterm exam is very late. Your midterm exam is Monday the first of December. Here is your study guide:The exam will cover Units 6-9. There will be 6 types of questions:
- Timed reading: scan a reading for 1 minute in order to find specific information. This is a multiple choice type question.
- Reading for the main idea. This is a multiple choice type of question. You will have to choose from 4 choices.
- Reading for details. This is a multiple choice type of question. You will have to choose from 4 choices.
- Making inferences. This is a multiple choice type of question. You will have to choose from 4 choices.
- Matching activities: A. Match the vocabulary from the textbook with the Japanese translation. B. collocations.
- Personal response. This is a short paragraph type of answer. You will have to write 2 or 3 sentences in order to answer the question. Your answer should be at least 50 words.
Use the following resources in order to study for the exam:
- American Headway Level 2 Unit 6 Crossword
- Unit 8 Vocabulary Flashcards on Quizlet
- Unit 8 Vocabulary Flashcards on StudyStack
- Simple English News articles about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Madonna and Guy Ritchie, David and Victoria Beckham.
- Wikipedia articles about Milton Petrie, and Hetty Green, and Schenzen City.
Also, review these posts from Mr. Stout's Blog: Unit 7 - Celebrity Interview , Unit 8 - Dilemmas and look at these posts from Sarah's Blog: Unit 6, Unit 7, Unit 8.