Saturday, March 31, 2007

Holiday in Paradise Part 2

Click photo for larger version

In this blog entry I'll tell you about my second day in Hawai'i.

We woke up very late, about 11 am. I usually have to wake up at four or five in the morning, so I was very happy to sleep in late. We sat on the veranda and drank coffee and listened to the birds singing. I especially enjoyed listening to the sound of the mourning doves cooing. Listening to the mourning doves cooing reminded me of home. There are many mourning doves in Toronto.

For breakfast we went to a popular restaurant called Ken's.


Click photo for larger version

I had a Canadian bacon and cheese omelette with homefries and buckwheat pancakes. They were ono kine grindz. Ono kine grindz means delicious excellent food in Hawai'ian pidgin. After breakfast we went shopping. We went to the Salvation Army Shop. I bought two Aloha shirts for only $20 dollars. I also donated some t-shirts to the Salvation Army. I'm wearing one of the Aloha shirts I bought at the Salvation Army in the photograph below.


Click photo for larger version

After shopping we went for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I had enchiladas, rice and refried beans. It was ono!

Click photo for larger version

After dinner we went back to Mr Turchi's house. Mr Turchi and I relaxed on the veranda again. We chatted and listened to the coqui sing.


To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mr.Stout
    How are you doing??
    I hope that you had a good time in Hawaii. and your aloha shirt is so nice!!! nice pic;)
    is it first time to visit there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina,
    Thanks for the comment. I had a great time in Hawai'i. Thanks for the compliment on the Aloha shirt. It is famous brand but I got it very cheap!!
    This trip was my second trip to Hawaii. The first time was 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete