Thursday, July 10, 2008

Toyo Gakuen University Interest-based English 12 - Music PowerPoint Presentations

Students in the Interest-based English 12 (Music) class have finished their presentations! They worked hard and did a great job.

These presentations are profiles of musical artists. Each student chose an artist that he or she liked. Then they found photos on flickr and on artist fan sites. After that, they did research using wikipedia, and other websites. They used three wikipedias: English, Simple English and Japanese. After they got the information they wrote the key points on their PowerPoint slides. Then they changed the key points into sentences and recorded a narration. If you want to learn more about this class and this project please read my EFL Classroom 2.0 blog post. All the students said they enjoyed making the PowerPoints very much. I'm very proud of their work. Enjoy!





















Please reward these students' hard work by posting a comment. I'm sure that they will appreciate it.
Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 am

    I think these power points are really good! many pics, not too much words, well organised! I could see some ppl using bond characters and different size of letters. That's good cos it makes the power point very easy to see&understand the information!:)
    Anyway, the topic was also interesting for me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Chika, I didn't know that you knew so much about powerpoint. What are bond characters?
    Thank you so much for your comment.
    Btw, I've sent e-mails to my students telling them that you have commented on their projects. I hope that they will reply to you. You can subscribe to these comments to see if they do.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:28 am

    oops, sorry it's not "bond"...i meant, "bold characters".lol I think all students from study abroad class know about powerpoint very well, bcos we made it lots of times at Kanto....lol and in my case, at Uni too. I'm given presentation at least once in 2 weeks and have to make powerpoint for each of them. but i think it's really good for me to improve my presentation skills!

    ReplyDelete