The final Exam will be on the 14th of July 2008. The exam will cover Units 1-5. There will be 6 types of questions:
- Timed reading: scan a reading for 1 minute in order to find specific information. This is a short answer type questions. You will have to write one word or phrase for the answer.
- Reading for the main idea. This is a multiple choice type of question. You will have to choose from 4 choices.
- Reading for details. This is a multiple choice type of question. You will have to choose from 4 choices.
- Making inferences. This is a multiple choice type of question. You will have to choose from 4 choices.
- Matching activity. Match the vocabulary from the textbook with the Japanese translation.
- Personal response. This is a short paragraph type of answer. You will have to write 2 or 3 sentences in order to answer the question. Your answer should be at least 50 words.
Use the following resources from Sarah's blog in order to study for the final exam:
- On-line exercises from American Headway (Units 1-5)
- A timed-Reading about shopping. Click start reading.
- Vocabulary flash cards for Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3.
- Readings with exercises about life as an immigrant to the USA:
- Newaz's Story
- Hannah's Story
- Sarah's Story
- Victor's Story
Finally, please post a comment on Sarah's blog. Please say, "Thank you !" to her for giving us all these wonderful resources.