Thursday, June 12, 2014

Writing 2 Spring 2014 Weeks 8-10: Preparing to Write a Comparative Essay

Hello everyone,

Today we are going to start our next writing task, a comparative essay. Look at the diagram on the left. This is a floor plan from Laurier Hall at the University of Windsor. The University of Windsor is my alma mater. In my first year, I lived in MacDonald Hall, across the way from Laurier Hall, in a room exactly like this. The room was very small, about 4 metres long and only about 3 and a half metres wide. Can you believe that two people lived in this room for a whole year? To make matters even more difficult, my room mates was a slob. I was very neat and tidy in those days. You can see a panoramic view of a room in MacDonald Hall by clicking the link.



Do you live in one of the dorms on campus? How does your room compare to this room?
Now let's study some vocabulary. Please click the link: Academic Word List.

No comments:

Post a Comment